Thursday, January 17, 2013

Quaker Real Medleys Instant Oatmeal Review

The first item I tried in my Influenster Holiday VoxBox was the Quaker Oatmeal Real Medleys Peach Almond Oatmeal ($1.79 per cup). The description of the Oatmeal as provided by Influenster:

"Simply the best oatmeal ever - and you can enjoy it on the go! Whole grain oats, rye, barley, and wheat are mixed with large chunks of real fruit and nuts in a convenient single-serve cup. Just add hot water and microwave or you can have a delicious breakfast anytime, anywhere."

Here is what the dry oatmeal looked like before adding in the water.

  
 
 Let me preface this by saying that I am normally not a fan of oatmeal and was hesitant about this product. Following the instructions on the cup I added water to the fill line and stirred the dry oatmeal.

It looked like the water level sank a little so to be on the safe side I added a little more up to the fill line. I then microwaved the mixture uncovered for 45 seconds. After removing from the microwave I though the consistency was a little watery so I microwaved again for another 30 seconds. I tasted the oatmeal and it was still a little crunchy so I microwaved again for 30 seconds. At this point I was beginning to think either the directions, the microwave, or I was flawed.

It finally got to a texture and consistency I was happy with. Flavor wise, I thought it could be a little sweeter but I can understand why people wouldn’t want it to be overwhelmingly sweet. It was definitely a filling breakfast but would I purchase it again? In all honesty, probably not. Maybe if I tried a different flavor or added some half and half I would have liked it better. But as I said before, I’m into really big on oatmeal to begin with so I’m not surprised that this was my reaction.


Have you ever tried instant oatmeal? Any other brands or flavors I should try? Are you going to try the Quaker Real Medleys Instant Oatmeal?
Disclosure: I received this product to test for free through the Influenster VoxBox program. All opinions are 100% my own and not influenced by compensation.









3 comments:

  1. Verу quickly this web page will be famous аmiԁ all blogging vіsitorѕ, due to іt's nice articles or reviews

    Also visit my blog :: 1 day insurance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ιt's really a nice and helpful piece of information. I am happy that you shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

    My webpage; pay as you go car insurance deals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great wеb sitе you've got here.. It's hard to find
    good qualitу wrіting like yours thesе days.
    I truly appreciаtе pеople likе you!

    Taκe carе!!

    my page how much is one day car insurance uk

    ReplyDelete