Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Le Bistro

To celebrate our anniversary* PB took me to a French restaurant called Le Bistro on Saturday night. Le Bistro is located in the Niu Valley Shopping Center at 5730 Kalanianaole Hwy. I had my customary dirty gin martini with three olives. Minus points for not having blue cheese stuffed olives like Ruth’s Chris. To start we each had an appetizer. There were so many appetizers I was dying to try including the oysters on the half shell and French onion soup.

Alas, I settled for the escargot and PB had a salad of fresh Kahuku corn and baby mixed greens. The escargot was to die for!! They serve it with warm bread for dipping and I must say…OH.EM.YUM!

For entrees I had the filet mignon and PB had the quartet of beef. Both were really good. PB’s favorite of the four items was the rib eye.


Finally we ended with dessert and since I wanted my own crème brulee PB had to order his own dessert as well. He got the apple tart with crème fraiche. Both were good but next time I’ll probably try their bread pudding that people have been raving about.


On a side note, whenever we try some place new I always ask PB if he thinks I would be a good place for a first date. I don’t know why I do it, I guess I just like imagining we are on our first date again**. Anyhow, we both decided that Le Bistro would be too nice and too expensive for a first date.

*We don’t know the actual date of our anniversary but know it is sometime in December. We celebrated a month late in January.
**Our actual first date was at BLT during Restaurant Week. I told PB that he set the bar high with that restaurant but he said it was Restaurant Week so we got the special and he didn’t pay full price. Well played, PB.
















No comments:

Post a Comment