Monday, January 28, 2013

How to be a Bzz Agent

Bzz Agent is a word of mouth marketing company where users sample products, spread word of mouth, and have fun (from the Bzz Agent website). It is very similar in concept to Influenster in that you receive products to try, write your honest reviews and opinions, and spread info about these products via social media networking.

I signed up for Bzz Agent about the same time as Influenster (I believe late November or early December). I received my first invites to Bzz Campaigns in January. So far I have been lucky enough to be invited to 3 campaigns – Schick Hydro Silk Razor, Glade Expressions Collection, and CafĂ© Escapes. Unlike Influenster, Bzz Agent sends BzzKits that focus on one product and you are chosen based on answers to surveys, demographic information, and your Bzz Score.

What’s a Bzz Score? Good question – a Bzz Score is a numerical rating from 1 to 10 that measures your connections and activity. The higher your score, the more likely you are to be chosen for Bzz Campaigns. However, just because you have a high Bzz Score doesn’t mean you are guaranteed any campaigns – you still need to fit the profile of the testers they are looking for. You can keep your score in the 5 to 6 range by connecting your social media accounts and staying current with surveys. I got invited to the three campaigns I mentioned about with a Bzz Score of around 5.6.

No invite is needed to join Bzz Agent. Just sign up on their website, stay current with their surveys, and wait for campaign invites. I think I’ve been fairly lucky with getting invites to campaigns from both Influenster and Bzz Agent. I’m not sure if it’s because I identify as Asian/Pacific Islander and there is low representation in the demographic?

Anyhow, do you have questions about the Bzz Agent program? Leave them in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. I mentioned you in my own review blog =D
    https://sarahlovesblogging.blogspot.com/b/post-preview?token=f4vVb0MBAAA.mdNfOZwaWOZoOItJ2sCmdg._7W_RRDiVx_c5czHbO07Qg&postId=360333403269 I am a big fan =D from , sarah

    ReplyDelete