Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Christmas Meme!

Since everyone celebrates the holidays a little differently...

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate. Egg nog is actually really disgusting to me.  

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? There are no children in my household so I told Santa to skip our house.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? We’ve always used colored lights but I think there is something so “clean” looking about using all white lights.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No.

5. Tacky holiday sweaters: yea or nay? Nay. Although I wanted to get PB and I matching Christmas pajamas but couldn’t find any on the cheap. So I’ll go to Old Navy after the holidays to buy some ridiculously discounted for next year.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Does turkey count as a holiday dish?

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Going to my aunty’s house every Christmas Eve for a family party. One of the adults would always dress as Santa and give us presents that our parents pre-bought for us.  Also, having an advent calendar every year to count down the days to Christmas. Oh, and diving home in traffic and my brother and I counting the number of homes with Chrsitmas lights. I have a lot of fond childhood memories of Christmas.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? One Christmas Eve I heard my parents filling our stockings.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? As children we used to open one gift  but now that I’m older I open all y gifts on Christmas.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We don’t get a tree anymore! O.O

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? When I lived in snow weather in college I loved it for the first few months then hated it. Now that I’m back in Hawaii I don’t mind it so much. J

12. Can you ice skate? Yes.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Mall Madness board game. I made everyone (including my dad and brother) play it with me on Christmas morning.

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Being with my family and PB.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pumpkin crunch.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Opening presents together on Christmas morning.

17. What tops your tree? When we had a tree it was an angel.

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving. Now that I’m older I love being able to buy presents for the kids in our family and how happy it makes them.

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yuck EXCEPT for those rainbow ones that taste fruity. I wait to buy them until the after Christmas sales.  

20. Favorite Christmas show? A Muppet’s Christmas Carol. We’ve had the VHS for ages but I finally found the DVD at Best Buy on Black Friday.

21. Saddest Christmas Song? I don’t really think any Christmas songs are sad but if I had to choose I guess I would say “Merry Christmas Darling.”

22. What is your favorite Christmas song? The Christmas Song. One year I drove my brother NUTS singing it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment