Friday, November 16, 2012

My First Blog Post!

As my inaugural blog post, I thought I'd start things off by telling you a little about myself...

Who am I? My name is Jill and I'm a 20-something year old living in Hawaii. I currently work full time  doing mostly marketing and product management work. I also go to school part time in the evenings to get my MBA. After I finish my degree I will be done with school. Forever. As in, I'm never going back. Why I decided to go back to school in the first place is beyond me. I'll save that for another blog post.

Some random facts about me:

1. I cry in almost every movie I see - I think this started when I was around 5 years old and my parents took me to see Beauty and the Beast at the movie theater. Scariest freakin' movie I have seen to date. I cried through the whole thing because the beast was so dang scary. Except at the end when he turns into a human and I thought he was way better looking as a beast. Recent movies I can think of that I cried my eyes out: Marley and Me, Hachi, War Horse. Surprisingly all movies about animals and I don't have, nor have I ever owned a pet, save for fish which don't really count in my book.
2. I hate scary movies - OK, I was probably exaggerating juuuuust a little when I said Beauty and the Beast was the scariest movie I have ever seen. "Saw" and "Wrong Turn" were for real scary. I don't know why I subject myself to these scary movies. Peer pressure. Damn you teenage years!
3. I love Japanese food. Is that random? Probably not since I am full Japanese.
4. I was born and raised in Hawaii. I also spent 4 years living in Spokane, WA going to college but decided to return home after I graduated as the Pacific Northwest was just not the place for me. One word: snow.

Why am I blogging? I decided to start a blog mostly as a means to chronicle my life from this point forward. Someday I want to look back on these blog posts and remember my last years as a 20-something. I also started reading a lot of blogs regarding product and subscription box reveiws. This got me addicted to subscription boxes so I thought, why not write my own?

Before I started this blog, I asked the boyfriend who shall heretofore be known as Peanut Butter (PB, for short) if it would be weird if I started a blog. He said no. So here I am. I actually wanted to name my blog "Peanut Butter and Jilly" but since I am relatively late to the blogging game that name was taken. Coming up with a blog name was probably the hardest part about starting this here bloggy.

What am I going to blog about? Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Oh, there's something else out there that already covers that? Well, I'll probably be blogging about a bunch of random shiz including everything and anything. I'll most likely blog about everything I love: family, friends, PB, food, shopping, etc. I do not love my job, therefore I will not blog about it.

So I read this thing that you should always end your blog with a question in order to encourage reader response. So here goes, do you have a blog? If so, leave a link in the comments because I'd love to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment